Saturday, March 24, 2012

renovations

I bought a house in July 2009- I love my house! However, it needed a lot of work. It seems so little and easy when I am signing the papers that say I owe the bank a lot of money! lol!

I hired some people to paint the outside right away and worked pretty hard the first 5 or six months on the house, but i ran out of steam. This Jan I took out some equity on the house and went full steam a head! The renovations have been intense there is dust and plaster and tool every where! I have slept in a bed of plaster cause it fell through the ceiling on to my bed! we did not have a kitchen for 3 or 4 weeks i ate so many burritos! :p

It all felt like nothing was going on and that nothing would ever be done- and most of it is still not done but it will be. However, the first time friend came over after not being here in 4 months and was so excited to see the changes, she saw all the difference. I only saw all the work still needed to be done!

It got me thinking if our hearts are no different. I realized i was a shopaholic in Dec of 2008. It has been painfully difficult to deal with my issues and my debt. I wanted to quit so many times. I wondered often if it even mattered? I went to counseling, I got mad, I panicked, I shopped, I cried, I switched company's. It all was uncomfortable but I know it was worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment